9.16.2011

Inverted Morality -There comes a point ... (short text)

I saw
what
was wrong
with the
world,
I saw ...

what destroyed
men
and
nations,
and
where
the battle
for life
had to be
fought.

I saw
that
the enemy
was
an inverted morality
and
that
my sanction
was
its only
power.

I saw
that
evil
was
impotent
that
evil
was
the irrational,
the blind,
the anti-real
and
that
the only
weapon
of
its triumph
was
the willingness
of the
good
to
serve it.

Just as
the parasites
around me
were
proclaiming
their
helpless
dependence
on
my mind
and
were
expecting
me
voluntarily
to accept
a slavery
they had
no power
to enforce,
just as
they
were counting on
my self-immolation
to provide
them
with the means
of their plan
so throughout
the world
and
throughout
men’s history,
in every
version
and
form,
from
the extortions
of
loafing relatives
to
the atrocities
of
collectivized countries,
it is
the good,
the able,
the men of reason,
who act as their own
destroyers,
who transfuse
to evil
the blood
of their virtue
and
let
evil transmit
to them
the poison
of destruction,
thus gaining
for evil
the power
of survival,
and
for their own
values
the impotence
of death.

I saw
that there comes
a point,
in the defeat
of any man of
virtue,
when
his own
consent
is needed
for evil
to win
and
that
no manner
of injury
done to him
by others
can succeed
if
he chooses
to withhold
his consent.

I saw that
I
could put an end
to your outrages
by pronouncing
a single word
in my mind.
I pronounced it.
The word
was
No.”

Ayn Rand : For the New Intellectual - John Galt's Speech ...