1.09.2011

One way to clean your Facebook Friends List !!!

I am learning very quickly that the best way to clean your Facebook Friends List is to send the people on it an invitiation to view your blog and review a public service that is being offered there.
I am new to blogging and it never occurred to me that such a thing would be received and considered 'offensive' to anyone. That was certainly not my intention anyway. 

I receive alot of email from people that I do not know other than the fact that I am somehow on their radar. I consider the email or not and move on. I do not however, take the time to write a reply demanding that I not be contacted again - unless of course thematerial received is in someway offensive or abusive. I mean it's not like I'm a serial emailer - it was an effective method of introducing a service - a one time thing - and I can assure you - never to be repeated. 

Here is a sampling of the few I've received since late last night ...

Bonjour,
vous seriez aimable de me retirer de la liste à laquelle vous m'avez ajouté.
C'es-tu possible SVP d'arreter de m'envoyer des messages que je lis pas, sinon je vous flusch
There were a few others - nothing major but enough to make me step back and wonder why I accepted these people to be my 'friends' in the first place ... clearly a misunderstanding along the way ... but I have now removed them ... far be it from me to bother anyone with my offer of civil service. But it seems to me that if I take the time to read your blog ... you can return the courtesy ,,, or at least not be offended by a one-time offer ... 

Still I am not disuaded - just surprised ... and I am left wondering ... is it the email, the english, or the offer that is considered intrusive ... anyway there will be no further 'mass mailings' to my 'friends' ... I will stick to blogs and posts and articles scribd from this point forward ...

The fact is that I am well-pleased with the reception this initiative is getting :
Pageviews today : 89 ... and I only posted it late last night ... so there really are some 'rational people' out there, open to expanding a dialogue, providing constructive ctritique and ensuring an informed electorate ... and afterall ... those are the only 'friends' I need ...

I also need some bilingual collaborators for the 'Citizen Advocate Initiative' willing to provide brief commentary to accomany the factual exposés reported ... we'll leave the 'analysis' to the experts and to the individual ... who, while appreciative of being told what to consider ... are tired of being told 'what to think' ...

Thank you for all the support I've received ... you know who you are and I appreciate you for the 'stand up' people that you are ... Please enjoy your day ... : )