12.10.2019

The back story - one #PPC member

I'm in an odd position.

Politically.

I live in Francophone Beauce.

My husband's hometown.

We've raised our 2 children here

among their very large extended family.

They were educated in French despite having an English option.

This is my 2nd time living here. We're here to integrate.

I'm from London, Ontario

My mother is Qcoise, My Father of Irish descent.

Despite being functionally bilingual, I'm considered 'anglo'

Despite being Canadian, I'm considered by local Statists an 'outsider'.

I've lost employment positions because local politicos consider me 'inappropriate'

to work in  a field in which there remains a shortage of qualified professionals.

I've supported Maxime Bernier's vision & platform since 2006.

But I've done so online, not in the field, not door to door.

My presence would be detrimental if not well received.

I receive no newsletters from my EDA.

I was invited to an event once only to have the invitation revoked.

I registered my husband and I to attend another event

only to find our names were not on the list when we arrived.

You see the same 'Politicos' who consider me an 'outsider',

also support Maxime Bernier, and he ... them.

I understand politics.

So I limit my advocacy to online activity.

It's an odd situation but thankfully a satisfying one

I have a contribution to make. My 'riding' is twitter.